Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Well, here it is. A recipe that I actually just made up. The only problem is, I didn’t really write down EXACTLY what I did. So, here’s the deal. I’m giving you the gist of it now – amounts are a matter of taste. Then, in a few days, I’ll make some more and I’ll WRITE it down better!

I was going for something like what you would get at The Cheesecake Factory. It turned out really yummy, but then afterward, I thought about a way to make it even better. They’re usually called “garlic ROASTED mashed potatoes”, so I guess that means that the garlic should be….well, roasted. So next time, I’m going to try that. But here it is – even with UNroasted garlic, you will NOT get any complaints…believe me!

GARLIC MASHED POTATOES

INGREDIENTS:

5 pounds of potatoes
¾ stick of butter
Salt
Pepper
Sour cream (3 oz)
Milk (1/4 cup)

DIRECTIONS:

Combine all ingredients except milk. Let butter melt. Mix with electric mixer. Add milk until consistency of mashed potatoes is to your liking.

No comments: